Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What's going on in K3???

So today began the teacher's strike in Kankakee School District #111 (<---can I just saw I always loved 111 thing it kinda goes with the KKK (whoa) in Kankakee...idk)

This apparently the 15th time they have tried to settle this contract dispute, I'm not really sure what the problem is specifically or financially, but it's interesting to see a strike actually go down. I kinda wish I was back home now so I can support the teachers (really I just wanna see some stuff go down).
But also I do really hope that they come to some sort of an agreement, because about 5000 students are not in school, and you know,  they should be, but we will see.
you can check out photos of teacher picketing here (yes a facebook group)

Also if you didn't hear, apparently about a week ago, 3 students from the K3 Junior High got tasered by a police officer, now a lawsuit is in the works. Guess what the lawsuit is based on? RACISM. This doesn't make sense considering how it supposedly all went down. You can read more about it  here cuz I don't feel like explaining it.

Yes K3 is finally making the news! If it was only good News.......

My question is WHAT IS GOING IN K3??? (specifically education-wise). Ever since I decided I wanted to teach, I questioned whether I would return back to my hometown, the way its looks now with all these financial troubles, I mean if you can't pay teachers correctly, why should I even apply for a job there? But you know I really love k3 and that's my home, and the students definitely need help.  I just don't know, so the debate lingers on. I guess I won't have to really make a decision until Spring Quarter next year. Ha.

PEACE & CHICKEN GREASE!

No comments: