Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Youtube Mania: THE Gospelized Version.

hey I haven't done this in awhile,
and I've found some interesting Gospel Vids, while having nothing else better to do than
watch youtube videos.........

1.  Jesus Paid It All- Mississippi Mass Choir




I think I posted a link to this song before, but I finally found the video. Made me so happy to "see" this song.
and also this version is longer than what I'm used to hearing. Love it nevertheless!

2. Joy - Kirk Franklin/Georgia Mass Choir




Did you know Kirk Franklin led this song? I sure didn't. I knew he wrote this song though. It's also really nice to "see" this song, cuz I've been hearing this song on radio since I was like 5,6,7,8, gosh one of those numbers.

* The rest of these videos are of a group called Soulful Symphony, directed by Darin Atwater, who worked with Richard Smallwood, so he like integrates gospel with classical. so talented! *

(Also there is a story that goes along with how I found out about this group, but it would be really long,
so I'll just leave it a mystery or something like that)

3. Elijah Rock




MY FAV! I have watched/listened this song probably about 15 times already (I found it yesterday, so in less than 24 hours). This video though likes to stop at the 2:00 mark for some reason makes me upset, cuz this is my Favorite song of theirs.


4. Go, Down Moses




I love the jazzy feel to this it pretty kool. And the build up at the end (which could be better, but never mind)
I love also. These singers are so talented, yeha.


5. Wade in the Water




This chica is bad! Those notes she hits are crazy! In my old black woman voice: "Chile, I tell ya, Ain't nothing like a negro spiritual"


6. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot




I love the vamp on this. Pretty good rendition of the spiritual.

There are more videos of them singing other negro spirituals, even a couple with just the instruments which are also pretty kool. Check 'em out.

yeha..that's it.

PEACE & CHICKEN GREASE!

No comments: