Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Blackface.

 IS NOT COOL. for any reason. people find it offensive. so you shouldn't do it.

If you haven't heard two NU students dressed up in blackface for Halloween, or should I say as black people, not sure of their intention, but it definitely came off as blackface.

I don't think they should have done it. I would like assume that those gentlemen didn't know about the history of blackface, and maybe that's why they felt it was alright. I would hope that it wasn't supposed to be a stereotype of black people. But this just demonstrates the  lack of awareness people have about race on the NU campus.

I myself am not that upset at the incident. I just hope people know that blackface not cool. And I expected people, especially the black community, to get upset about something like this. I think it was kinda stupid for them to post the pictures on the facebook. but hey.

there's supposed to be a discussion of the blackface tomorrow, educating people about it. I myself didn't know that much about it. If you want info now you can check wikipedia, as I did.

yes this was a serious post. I will do that from time to time.

PEACE & CHICKEN GREASE!

No comments: