Tuesday, April 6, 2010

what it is!

what it be.
idk.
anywayz what though.
so um it's a new month. I've definitely been neglecting my blog alot,
but that alright, it's not like it's a baby (cuz if it was it would be dead)....

updates and such.
spring quarter's going well. weather's nice. I realized today all my classes got something do every week, whether it's homework or problems....or a 5 page critique of a thesis paper (yeah Advanced Research Methods)

abbreviation A.R.M. will probably be the hardest course I've taken at NU, I'm calling it. so I'm trying to limit my stress level by being on top of stuff. But I know once I find out what I want to do, and start my researching the stress will come, but now I'm not going to dwell on that too much.

so I've kinda been having a mini-crisis about what I want to do with my life. Kinda had this epiphany (should I call it that??) that I should probably have switched my major to LOC awhile back ago (learning and organizational change). Because I've realized I'm like uber fascinated with how people learn, and changing environment to improve their learning. Key words are learning and change. I guess I can still do that with teaching, but I don't know if as much. But I can't really change now because I want to graduate next year, and I can't spend anymore time/Money here (50+ a year, don made me broke).

So if it turns out I really don't like teaching at all OR if I think I'll be happy other places, I might go to graduate school for Learning Sciences or LOC if I decide to come back to NU I guess. But I don't know yet. I just pray that God directs me. But I realized it's kinda okay if I don't have my life together after I graduate; I mean I guess I thought everything would just go smoothly idk.

but the funny thing is I wouldn't known  I wanted to change my major if I hadn't taken Teach Ed classes. Does this mean I really didn't know what I was getting into? Idk...or that I should have taken Teach Ed classes earlier, unfortunately I couldn't....so it's really funny. so in that way I think that it's just kinda the master plan. Because I  know coming in to NU as a freshman my heart was set on teaching, and I would've never thought of changing my major AT all. but yeah stuff happens. you never after teaching this summer and practicum I might just "fall" in love with it....

idk. Alot realizations has happened to me, lately. I feel like I've never been really receptive of the opportunities I have a NU, like I knew stuff existed, but I guess it has only hit me until lately that I'm basically grown at like next year this time. so of course I'm reflecting on my quick time at NU, and just wondering if I could've done more...like what did I miss out on........but I'm still really grateful for all I've done...I'm just wonder why I haven't been more receptive and open to things.....I'm not explaining this well, but I know what I mean...

anywayz that was a unexpected rambling......
college is a trip...that's all I gotta say.......

PEACE & CHICKEN GREASE!

1 comment:

**Ary** said...

Ooooohhh, i understand so much better now about the teaching thing. I feel the exact same way, except im not even in sesp, but basically i should've been loc too. The way I see it, it'll prolly be good to get some classroom experience working directly w/folks before trynna change stuff. I def don't think it's by accident you're feeling like this when it's pretty much too late to do anything about it. It could be God just wants u to keep organizational change in the back of your mind so that you can be a better teacher than most...and then maybe do something about it later...or maybe B.C. this summer will pretty much decide for you what u should do...or maybe not, idk, but that's my 92 cents on the matter...He already knows the plan, so ur cool as long as u stick close to him