Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Movie Rambling

Wowzers,
Haven't done this in a while................
but you know the cold, and snowy conditions cause for one to watch many, many movies......
all though I only have 4 to talk about.

1. Hearts and Souls



This one is a classic, well a childhood classic. It came out in 1993. Starring Robert Downey Jr, Alfre Woodard, Kyra Sedgwick, and two other white guys I don't know the names of. I won't give away too much of the movie, actually I won't tell you what its about. But this is the movie that made me love Robert Downey Jr, Alfre Woodard and B.B. King. Ahh I love this movie. It makes me cry, laugh, sing, and leaves me with a warm feeling inside. So, watch it!

wait, this movie always makes me think of this song (clip from the film)

2. G.I. Joe: The Rise of the Cobra



Pretty kool film, I guess, not the best, I think this is probably a good movie to see in surround sound or something, because its just like action the whole time I feel. It is basically about these two guys who become apart of the G.I. Joes. not much I can say. Stars Channing Tatum (who needs a little bit more acting experience, really) and Marlon Wayans, def. one of his more serious roles, I guess. I mean the movie kinda made me wanted to see a sequel. I'm expecting something great to come afterward, but i doubt it will be any good.

3. The Book of Eli


saw this on a whim, totally unplanned. This was a great film. If you've seen the trailer or anything about the movie, it's totally not that. I was really surprised that it turned into a "Christian" film. I mean after viewing the trailer, I thought it was just another Denzel movie where he's killing people. But it's totally different than that. It's has a purpose to it all. It really touched my heart, but I wished it coulda been a little shorter. Great movie though, all though I doubt Denzel will get any Oscars for it (that what happens when you try to make a movie with a Christian message I guess)


4. Dance Flick

you would probably be totally fine if you never see this movie in your life. I admit some parts were funny, and it was great how they made fun of so many movies in one, but it just didn't seem really coherent, some transitions could've been better, and then end left me feeling so empty. The star character though, Damon Wayans, Jr. definitely has some potential to be funny, like its aunties and uncles, I totally see it. So I am excited to see him do more comedy, but this movie could have been done so much better......

yes. that is all the movie....
hope you watch them, or maybe not.......
i don't really care......

PEACE & CHICKEN GREASE!

No comments: