Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A poem about growing up

I found this in my notebook, don't know when I wrote, prolly the beginning of the quarter...
but along with my last post I think it's rather appropriate...

Enjoys :-)
-------

Growing up, it's no joke 
I remember when I was young 
I thought it would be dope 
to live on your own, no parental control, 
but I realized growing up means being bold
stepping out on your own, facing the unknown, 
Trusting in only yourself and God for strength, preseverance and pursuit. 
Now yeah living on my own may be cool, but is nothing like those days of school. 
When worries where far away and responsibilities were days, miles, centuries away. 
I envy the young, so naive, and unnoticing of all stress and worth forthcoming
But then I just realized my time has passed, no fun left anymore for me. 
I gotta grow up, I gotta live, and somehow still be free. 
I can do it though, even when it may hurt, even when I may be in pain. 
I can grow up, Move on without much strain. 
so I take a deep breath, exhale slowly, jump on to my next journey.   

PEACE & CHICKEN GREASE!!

No comments: