Thursday, June 9, 2011

Wow it's pretty much over....

College life.
I got Senior Week left now to celebrate with friends,  so that should be fun times.
But it hit me a couple of days ago while all the undergraduates were leaving...and I realized I was still here.
I'm a senior and this is the end....
and it really hit me today, as I was going through papers and stuff deciding what to keep, what to throw away, this is the end, man. I almost busted out crying a couple times, but I'm good...

I have SO many memories at this university, met so many people, done so many things, changed as a person a bizillion times, like I can't put in words how integral my college experience was to helping me learn about the world and myself, it is truly a amazing experience. I'm such a different and stronger person than I was a freshman coming in. It's crazy when I think back to my first times at NU, wow, things were different then...

But luckily, I have something to look forward to coming in the fall. I get to follow my passion. To be teacher, so that should be fun and challenging, to say the least. I just found out (for now) I'll be teaching 2 courses Geom H and 2 courses of Algebra 2 with a support class, a total of 5, so basically my student teaching classes, which should be fun[more than fun, but I don't really have the words to describe it]. I'm definitely excited for the chance to have my own class, my own students for an entire year (of course I'm scared, but more excited). Also I have orientation on Wednesday next week, called ETHS 101, so that should be really fun and get me uber-excited. I can't believe this either, like I'm literally gonna be high school math teacher. This is the time.

so many things happening in my life. This is definitely a closing of one chapter and the opening of another. I am truly blessed. Thank you God.
With this post, I just thought would take the time, while I have it, to step back and just look and reflect, but this upcoming week is senior week, so I'm surely gonna enjoy myself, enjoy my last times on this campus as a student with my friends...Then it's graduation.

oh speaking of which, I'm going to be the banner carrier for SESP at University Commencement. Pretty cool huh? I think so. I have to attend some meeting Tuesday next week, then at SESP rehearsal talk to the whole class about the commencement, seems pretty cool. And I proudly do it because I love SESP,  which definitely made my experience a great one as well.

so yeah. I'm just glad I made the choice to come to Northwestern, although I would've done somethings differently, not many, I have learned so much that I really wouldn't trade anything for those experiences.
AH. Let's go 'Cats.

Peace & CHICKEN GREASE!

No comments: