Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Driving, the Dentist, and Disaster

Driving
so I gotta big goal set for the next 3 weeks( my actual summer): get my driver license/.This time for real........ maybe. But on Monday I went driving after a long, long, break and surprisingly, I felt pretty comfortable and natural with it. I mean I admit I am not the best driver and I definitely need more practice, but I feel like in an emergency situation, I would be an okay driver to get someone somewhere safely. It would be pretty awesome though to have my DL before going into my senior year of college, then I guess I'd feel pretty grown. But then again it's still not that big of deal if I don't get it suppose. i mean................idk.

Day at the Dentist 
Strange things happens at the Dentist office (remember this post?).

This time I go to the Dentist office and I'm walking up the window and say my name and then the assistant lady responds, "Oh I met your dad and brother already, but I hadn't met you" and I'm like "oh, really", thinking though she was just talking about my actual brother and dad.
And then I get to the dentist chair and she asks me " Do you also play an instrument?" and I'm like "yeah, I play trumpet" but I'm thinking 'How did she know that I played an instrument? My Brother doesn't play an instrument". And then something happens but she's like "Yeah I met your brother Alex" and I'm like "No, Alijah" and she's like "I'm pretty sure his name was Alex" and I'm thinking "Really lady? I know my brother's name", but then I was just thinking she just messed/forgot up his name.
But then she's like "Oh, ya know what I was thinking of another family". And then I put 2 and 2 together to get four to know she's  talking about the Francois, and she thought I was Andrew, a friend of mine from high school. And I tell her "yeah we use to get mixed up all the time". This is so hilarious because people in high school usta to call us each other all the time and some people definitely though we were brothers. I truly think it's because we were black, but then again....idk.

But just that's one thing that happened at the dentist.

so now I'm at the dentist right, getting a filling and you know dentists and people like to talk to you while they are doing stuff in your mouth (that's what she said). and my dentist is a NU alum so he's  talking about northwestern, football etc. Meanwhile I'm like making noises like "uh-uh, mmmm, etc".  But then I learn that the other dentist in the office. Dr. Lacoste was a NUMBalum, and they showed me his NU room, and it had pictures of him in band uniform, I think he's pretty old cuz those pictures were quite looked old. But it just lead me to the conclusion that NUMB is everywhere, but I really want to talk to him now just cuz he's a NUMBalum.

Clean House

Basically my favorite new show now. Started watching it some weekends ago in Denver. It's basically a show where they clean up messy houses, sell the stuff in yard sale, and give them room make-overs. The first shows I watched were the Messiest House in America, which were just crazy, I just couldn't understand how people would live in  those conditions, like it was so disgusting. But then it just made think of the saying "Cleanliness is next to Godliness" I mean I think that true, because the people who often have these messy home got messed up minds, they cling on to stuff instead of clinging on to God, so yeah I think that's true. And I've never had problems with clinging on to mass quantities of stuff, sometimes a lot of times you gotta let stuff go though. But I loved this show. Niecy Nash is hilarious, and reminds me so much of myself.

Another random thing......hmmmm I could talk about senior year, but that deserves a Whole 'Notha Post. which I probably do later....so until then hope you enjoyed this one.

PEACE & CHICKEN GREASE!!

No comments: