Sunday, June 13, 2010

Changes, Movies, and Such

It's been great being home for a couple of days. Just relaxing, actually being able to watch TV, chatting with family, laughing, makes me wish I kinda wasn't doing anything this summer, but hey...

there's been a couple major changes in the home though (none of which you probably really care about)
  • different living room furniture  like the couch, entertainment thingy, curtains, just different
  • my room's got another addition first it was the treadmill, now I got a different dresser thingy, not to mention my bed is no longer against the wall, and I don't have a headboard, kinda hard to sleep
  • and no KOOL-AID! it's like a sin against being black or something; I just can't see home w/o kool-aid, they trying to be healthy and stuff just drinking water. can we at least get some juice?
There's other changes but they're not so  significant i suppose.

but I guess all these changes don't matter cuz I'll be leaving in two days. Which I am so excited about it. I don't really know what to expect, cuz its a place I've never been and around people I don't know. it's just Unknown and unfamiliar territory. But I'm excited. I'll get you updated (I'll get around to making that other blog, Afroboiii in Colorado?!, in a couple days probably after I get there, I don't know how do it. as soon as I know you should).

While I was home though, watched some movies ( I actually started watching a couple Face/off & X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but I couldn't get into them, Wolverine is probably good just didn't feel like getting into. Face/off just looked dumb so..)

I did watch these though

Master of Disguise
with Dana Carvery. I watched it with my brother (that lil munchkin). I hadn't seen this movie in a while, it came out in 2002. but it was pretty hilarious. 'I am not turtely enough for the turtle club' finally made sense, and the villian guy farting everytime he laughed evil(ly) was SO funny. the Story was booty of course, but they didn't intend on being serious or having a good plot at all. I Loved it though.

Norbit
with Eddie's Murphy(s). This is old time fav, probably seen it a bijillion time before. Still hilarious, but I guess I started thinking what really makes being that fat so funny. It's really kinda offensive I suppose. and like  at that u need to lose weight, not making a mockery of yourself.  But it is kinda more of the character, then again i'm not sure.

Why Did I Get Married Too? (on bootleg)
Yes, on bootleg. My parents hadn't seen it either, so we had to get the bootleg to watch it. So this Movie. Definitely not one his (tyler perry) best. I believe it wasn't that great because this was (basically from my persepctive) in reaction to his mother's death. I guess he didn't want to think about, and he had to keep working to get his mind off it. The movie definitely needed some more work (esp the ending). This movie was really crazy though, and alot random stuff happened, but definitely not as good as the first one.

alright
next post will probably be in Colorado

peace & chicken grease!

No comments: