Thursday, July 14, 2011

I got a place to live!!!

It's all coming together!
Yeah.
I'll be staying in Evanston, which is funny cause at first I didn't really want to.
And I'm also paying more than I wanted, but it's all good gee.
And I'm not moving in  until Aug 15, which is later than I wanted.
So basically I kinda got a place that I wasn't looking for.
My place is gonna be dope, hopefully.

I just don't have anything, well I have a bed, tv, and a dresser. But I don't have any furniture or anything really for my apartment. But to say the most I'm pretty excited, and ready to get outta this place.....like you don't even know........

I think about that place everyday, how it'll be my place, I know I can go to it and not be bothered with anyone. I'm just excited for the most part.......

--------
this summer I'm weirdly becoming a 'reading machine', at least when it comes to books. I've read a second book and now on my third.
I think I just need to find stuff that interest me. Novels do not. that's for sure. haha, more realistic, life applicable stuff works for me I think.
My second book is called Zero: The Biography of a Dangerous Idea by Charles Seife.



It basically chronicles the history of the idea of zero (or the idea of void, nothingness) which also brings about the idea of infinity. But this books gave a pretty good history of not only the number zero, but also mathematics, which I think is really interesting for me going to be a teacher, because I didn't know this stuff at first. now I can share random tidbits with my students such as Pythagoras was part of a secret society of mathematicians/philosophers who totally killed a guy for talking about irrational numbers....or that Indians started Algebra, but it really didn't catch on until the Muslims took over the Western world..

This books is also interesting because it connects the idea of math, philosophy, and religion, which some people may see as separate things nowadays. I think this book just showed me that people were really invested in math, because it was closely connected to their beliefs of life, and that really why the stuff we study has stuck around for so long. Not so much that it's all actually true. I mean people had arguments over math.

Anyway I loved reading the book, it just showed me math is rooted in humanity and its not just this abstract stuff that came outta no where, which I guess is the point I would also like to demonstrate to my students as a result from reading this book.

--------
also Big Brother 13 started a week ago. This cast has 3 black people, one which got voted off today. yeah.
Started with 8 newbies, and 6 veteran returning to the house and tons of twists. I'm def not going to be updating here or anywhere about the show. Not as invested as I used to be, but I'll be watching.....

alright
Random Picture Time:

i thought this was funny...
tis all
PEACE & CHICKEN GREASE!!!

No comments: