Monday, July 5, 2010

sooo...um...randoms..

This weekend was the first time I felt homesick.
More so I miss my family, than being in K3.
Probably because it was 'Da Forth', that's what we I call it.
(btw I hope everyone had a great holiday)
and because my mom's b-day is on Wednesday.

And i realized it's the first time I won't be with my mom for her bday,
but I talked to her so it's okay. and i suppose she had 19 without me. so she'll be okay.
I don't feel as homesick now mainly cuz I talked to my family yesterday.
And plus I have a week of teaching to look forward to, so I think I'm good.

---------------------------------------------------------
Other randoms.

So I had the house to myself, and there's a piano in the house, which means I started playing it.
And along with some sheet music I got from somewhere online, I started to play the first part of "Ain't No Sunshine" by Bill Withers


Love this song.
Goal: By the end of the summer, be able to play the whole thing? Maybe. Idk.

----------------------------------------
I also watched a couple of movies.

I finally saw Wanted.


Let's just say I loved this movie. A lot of the scenarios and actiony-thingys that happened where SO unbelievable, like when that car landed on top of the train and then kept going. CRAZY! And pretty much how all the characters survived all those dangerous situations.
I really enjoyed this movie though. It was funny and had tons of actions and good 'ol killin'. Very graphic though. I can mark being a secret spy assassin off my list of career choices, definitely not doing that after seeing this movie, I might end up killing my father. whoops!

I also saw Not Easily Broken.
Movie-not_easily_broken.jpg (500×748)
It was pretty good movie. Kinda got too emotional towards the end , like to much crying. But a very dramatic movie, You can definitely tell it's based off a book. In the end though its a movie about marriage, which doesn't apply to me at this point, but a very good Black movie in my opinion.

---------------------------
Tyler Perry
Not easily broken kinda reminds me a Tyler Perry movie (doesn't every black movie some where involving church make you think of that. Can you say Monopoly anyone?)

Anywayz that reminded me of the Boondocks episode, 'Pause', where they make fun Tyler Perry, portraying him as a person who uses God to have sex with men. And apparently at least some aspect of that is true, because on the rumor circuit mill (See rhymeswithsnitches), Tyler Perry has gotten the episode to stop being shown...yeah. But you should definitely see the episode, if you haven't.


That tis all
PEACE & CHICKEN GREASE!!!

No comments: